Monday, April 18, 2005

Time to Leave

17.04.2005,Sunday
Chennai

Reached Chennai. It was pretty odd feeling out there for me. Called up mama and reached his new house. Mama was expecting me to come in a car, while I landed up in a temp van (thanks to the travel agency for the royal treatment ;-)

Hero was also there in his house, it was really good time spending with them chatting all old stories, Cal stories, happenings in Chennai. Satti and Vishnu came after sometime, felt very comfortable among these people. It’s been just 4 months after that Diwali vacation but looked very long time before I had seen these people.

Then we left mama’s house to meet Subha and Ambo and then to Spencer for spending that Westside coupon. We all met in a restaurant, had some good time chatting, teasing each other (but don’t know why, I wasn’t able to have the same closeness as it had been in college with them all). May be that is how, life goes on. Or may be if I had been in Chennai for this past 1.8 years I wouldn’t have felt that way. But still enjoyed their company.

When it was about to leave, and I was wishing Subha for her marriage, really felt badly of my part for not able to attend her marriage. Even though I had booked my tickets and made my travel plan for her marriage very sure, my thought of leaving to onsite as soon as possible that is what, made me fell bad (I don’t know how to express it in words).

Next it was Spencer, joined up hero in the bike. It was the conversation we had was more interesting than that pleasant journey. I was just wondering, how fast we are towards our mental maturity; it has been just 2 years after college.

Anil had been waiting in Spencer for a pretty long time, poor guy. Was really happy to hear that he has also got his chance and will be flying soon, two of his desires, getting fulfilled consecutively (Transfer and Onsite). Sometimes, very rarely when I feel that “Have I made a mistake for staying in Cal for a long time?” but before and later there were many times when I had been happy for staying in Cal.

Cal Westside is really cool than this Chennai version (just the inverse of what I had thought). Just for the sake of emptying the gift coupon, I had to purchase from T-shirts to socks and handkerchiefs :-)

Dinner time, I was very eager to have a pretty good, heavy, superb dinner to finish of this trip, but wasn’t able to manage to eat more than a Dosai (that too from my plate only :-(

Reached mama’s house collected the lug gages and again trip with hero to the airport. All of a sudden, when I reached the airport some difference I could feel within myself. It was a midnight 3’o clock flight, chatted with these guys for sometime. As it reached midnight, they had to leave and I was waiting alone for my time.

At time, checked in, embarkation process complete, started to Mumbai. Journey wasn’t that great. Reached Mumbai around early morning thought of waking up these Mumbai guys, but mobile charge was down (their luck?!). Had to wait for another couple of hours after all those checking process, this that. That was really boring.

Got into my first international flight, just looked like a bigger airbus that’s it, nothing more special. Lots of Indian crowd in that, and many babies around (it was this Indian crowd and these babies cries and shouts that later made me feel that I’m traveling from Madurai to Alagarkovil during the Chithirai thiruvizha in a fully packed bus of villagers crowd :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home